Sunday, July 13, 2014

2014 Summer Vacation

I work full-time in a job that I love, so both of my kids go to daycare. We get one week per year where we don't have to pay tuition while we go on a vacation.  This year we went to St. Louis to see my parents.  The kids and I loaded up in the car, drove 12 hours.  This was my first solo trip that went something like this...

C: "I drop it... I drop it... I DROP IT!!!!"
M: "You dropped what?"
C: "RAPPIE!" - her stuffed giraffe that goes everywhere and if we were to ever lose it the world just might come to an end"
M: "Where?" as I frantically reach around the back of the driver seat to no avail.  It has landed on the floor and my arms are just to short.  I pull over on the side of the highway, retrieve Rappie, hand it back to C, get back into the car and head down the road... 1 exit later...
C: "I drop it..."

I don't think the $500 in savings from the week off at daycare was worth it.  My husband who skipped the trip and stayed at home for the week all by himself disagrees.

Other than a few meltdowns and me wising up and sticking pillows on top of bags so nothing could fall out of reach on the 12-hour trip back, the girls were great and were total champs.  We had a great time swimming every single day and roasting marshmallows.  We can't wait to go again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment